Creative communication strategist with strong collaborative, communication and diplomatic skills. Conversant in all digital marketing tools and services.
McCormick Place, Chicago, IL 2011-Present
Nation’s largest convention center. Hired to establish a performance-based digital marketing presence.
- Collaborating with CHOOSE CHICAGO managing the marketing strategy including media requests and materials, event planning, message development, crisis communication and local government relationships.
- Manage and execute digital social media marketing strategy coordinating visual and written content.
- Maintain relationships and collaborate with conventions (trade and public shows), social media and PR creative agencies and external vendors.
- Support the CEO, General Manager and executive staff with presentations, talking points and collateral.
- Coordinated McCormick Place branding relaunch including logos, website and communication materials.
Front & Social, LLC, Chicago, IL 2010-Present
Digital marketing provider and influencer helping to build successful businesses.
- Provide strategic counsel and digital services including WordPress, blogging, podcast and lead generation.
- Partner with various businesses and influencers to complete projects based on creative and strategic needs.
- Launched various education and digital trend resources including ContentAcademy.com, Bloggers Meet Startups, blogyouwant.com podcast and the ScottWinterroth.com blog.
- Author of the book The Digital Acquisition Cycle™ for Content Creators.
Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority, Chicago, IL 2007-2011
Municipal corporation under the direction of the Illinois General Assembly. Hired to support the Corporate Relations and Public Relations Departments.
Public Relations Manager
- Created overall communication strategy to include internal and external messaging, public relations, first ever social media plan, crisis communication and annual report.
- Assisted the CEO, Chairman and General Managers with speeches, talking-points and correspondence.
- Partnered with Government and Community Relations to execute local and state legislative initiatives.
- Presented various initiatives to the MPEA Corporate Communications Department.
The Scofield Company, Chicago, IL 2006-2007
Boutique PR Agency targeting corporate, museums, Latino market and non-profit clients. Hired to assist clients.
- Participated in creative strategy sessions around tactics, timelines, messaging and plan implementation.
- Drafted communication materials including press releases and kits, activity reports and media list.
- Managed logistics of press conferences and other events for community and elected officials.
Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies: May 2006
Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois
Emphasis: Organizational/Corporate Communication
- Outstanding Major Award, Department of Communication, 2006
• Google Badge Partner Certification
• Google Certified (Google Ads, Analytics)
• Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Trained
• WordPress Specialist
• Digital Marketing Trained: Facebook, Instagram, Podcast, Blog, Pay-Per-Click, Ecommerce, Woocommerce, Photography, Videography, Vlogging • Web Building: HTML, CSS
• Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom)
• Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
• Windows, Macintosh
• Hootsuite Certified
- PRSSA Professional Advisor, Northern Illinois University Chapter, 2017 – Present
- Midwest Writers Association, Presenter
- NIU Al Walker Lecture Series, 10th Annual Distinguished PR Alumni Presenter
- Chicago Self-Publishing Meetup, Presenter
- IABC Chicago, Presenter
- SCORE Chicago, Presenter
- PRSA Suburban Chicago, Presenter
- PR Link, Articles
- co, 2014 Top Teacher Award
- Publicity Club of Chicago, Silver Trumpet Award